Tuesday, November 24, 2009

slightly stoopid

my tuesday has been, well, challenging for several reasons. actually, stupid might be the more accurate word. let me tell you the four stupid things i did today:

first stupid thing: forgot my lunch in my car. this would normally not be a big deal had my mom not decided to surprise me this morning by accompanying me to work so that she could use the car later. family is in town for thanksgiving, so you know how that goes. oh yah, and my wallet was with my lunch...so i survived eight hours on coffee, a tear of bread, and the arm and leg of a small, gingerbread man.

second stupid thing: i spent the last couple hours at work shadowing someone at the register (so that i can be trained in more areas within the company...which means more hours, which means more money, which means i'm happy). during this time i spotted a girl sporting a unc field hockey shirt and, since reading the paper is my thing, i happened to know that her team had just clinched the national title. seeing this as a great opportunity to make a customer connection, i congratulated her championship status. then i proceeded to ask her if they knew who they were playing next. wtf? that was embarrassing.

third stupid thing: six hours into work with two remaining...my boss asks me if i have taken a break and, if not, that i can go ahead and take it now. i reply, "naw, i'm actually good." he asks me if i'm sure twice, then says that this will be my only break for the day. i assure him that i don't need one and go back to shadowing the cashier. "wow, that new girl...she really toughs it out for the good of the company!" hmm more like, "wow, that new girl...she really needs to sit down and eat something". note to self: unless i'm working in a corporate building with enough stories to successfully commit suicide off of, i don't think skipping breaks is going to impress anyone.

fourth stupid thing: the first thing i did when i got home was inhale some granola and yogurt and swap my work clothes for sweats. then i grabbed a cotton ball to cleanse my face...only what i thought was toner was actually nail polish remover. my face felt normal again after the initial burning sensation wore off.

and it's only just shy of 3:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment