Wednesday, February 2, 2011

fly back to me

the word i'm thinking of right now is stale. does this blog seem stale to you?

i totally get it. i'm not the boomeranger who just graduated from college to move back in with her parents. i can re-live the quirky, dysfunctional generational moments with mom and dad but i can no longer experience them firsthand. i don't suffer from nearly as many expectation hangovers as i used to (have yet to hear back from caribou coffee regarding my application) because i've pulled back from expecting that my four-year degree from an excellent university is like being in a celebrity's entourage on the evening of the grand opening of a new restaurant. i have to put my name on the list like everybody else. either i've hardened, become more realistic, or both. fact is, i'm not the same girl that i was when i started this blog, and i think i'm struggling with finding a voice that is the perfect mix of then and now...that explores my new curiosities and adventures without relying on an "ahah!" moment to validate my thoughts.

all i know is that i haven't been doing a good job lately. one of the reasons i've been distant is because i'm actively pursuing other writing outlets. i've also been training more on the beach and working longer hours during the week.

oh boomeranger...where are you? fly back to me.

1 comment:

  1. even though you may not consider yourself a true boomeranger any more, I still enjoy reading about your adventures and realizations because I think they ring true for most 20 somethings these days.

    ReplyDelete