Thursday, February 24, 2011

if the shoe fits

i.have.a.deadline.

monday morning. the most painful-sounding of all deadlines, wouldn't you agree? monday morning...just the sound of it can terrorize all your sunny weekend plans.

before biking to work today, i met with the editor of a local newspaper--who i have been in contact with just shy of two weeks--and by the time i left, i had my deadline. folks, looks like they are allowing me to have my own column! sand in my suit will run bi-monthly and i'm as excited as i am terrified. this is what i have been wanting for myself...this is what i have been waiting for! to go to a coffee shop, plop down on my computer, start typing away, and actually get compensated for what i am writing. i suppose it will make my tea/coffee/muffin intake feel more like a work-related expense rather than an indulgence.
while on the phone last night, my sister made the comment that i am like a young carrie bradshaw from sex and the city. i crinkled my nose and shook my head for there are several reasons why carrie and i differ--the most convincing one at the time being: "but i don't have an obsession with shoes."

"yes you do, an obsession with flip-flops."

"i have one pair!"

"yes, your first pair of havaianas (brazilian-brand flip-flop). when carrie moved to the city, she bought her first pair of manolo blahniks. both in manhattan, just in opposote corners of the country."

huh.

just don't expect no gushy, sexy details about my personal life anytime soon. i cross the line at shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Ah! Trink....this is amazing! Please, please post links to your column...can't wait till I can read it in person this fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina! I am sooo excited for you!

    ReplyDelete