Monday, June 28, 2010

toast, tits, and that's pretty much it

having a 6'6" male sleeping in your living room/family room/t.v. room has its downsides. i haven't had a toasted anything in over a month now and this morning i just really, really needed my fix--but even doing something as simple as placing my english muffin into the toaster oven turned out to be a major production. everything in that damn kitchen wanted to squeak. or fall. or belt out a loud "beep" when it was good and ready. half-way through this process of trying to tip-toe my way around made me realize how suffocating my living situation can be. if i had attempted to make a smoothie, i think they would've thrown my mattress out the door. oh wait, i don't have a mattress. and isn't it funny how tiny kitchens in over-priced apartments are so noisy but more spacious ones in nice homes are so quiet? go figure.

and another thing...how is it that the farther along in your pregnancy you are in this town, the slimmer, prettier, and more adorable you look? absolutely ridiculous. only in l.a. man. one of my new co-workers just informed me that breastfeeding has the amazing benefit of dramatically reducing the appearance of fat cells in your body. maybe that explains the four year-old boy i saw glued to his mother's breast.

;)

a few things to look out for in the week ahead:

i'm kicking off a major "girls girls girls" campaign today in an effort to make meaningful volleyball connections (even though that sounds like i'm recruiting talent for a girls gone wild video). this means i'll be contacting total strangers in an effort to train or play with them. you miss every shot you don't take, as they say. or, as my brother would say, "you miss every shot at scoring with a girl you don't try to hit on".

i have just two more days of training before i get to fly solo at my new restaurant. this means more money, which means more happiness...because money = happiness, right? yes, food and shelter make me happy. timing is a funny thing because i JUST received this text from my dentist back in north carolina: katrina, you are due for your dental visit. please call ... to set up an appointment. don't hold your breath, doc.




No comments:

Post a Comment