Wednesday, June 2, 2010

mickey mouse saved my ass

have you ever sat on a yoga mat during an interview before?

yah, me neither. until 8 o'clock last night.

there i was with hopefully my future boss and two others who were interviewing at the same time. my first group interview for an athletic retail store. i gotta say, it was a fantastic process. she asked questions like, "what is your favorite way to sweat?" and we took turns giving our answers. we shared personal information like where we saw ourselves in five, ten years. i told them about how puking after running the 800 meter race when i was eight years old was one of the most satisfying moments of my life, and also about my more recent efforts to move a little farther from "type A" and a little closer to "type B" on a personality scale. and at the end, i taught them how to draw mickey mouse. apparently i did not receive the e-mail notifying me that i would be teaching the others a skill of mine and should prepare accordingly--mickey mouse saved my ass. it was like no interview i had ever experienced before...and as far as yoga poses go, i'm a lost puppy, so i stuck to sitting indian style all night.

so now i'm like an actress waiting for a callback. and even though i can't afford it, i'll walk over to the stationary store nearby and pick out a breathtaking, letter-pressed thank you card to give to the gal who interviewed me.

please PLEASE let me land this job! i promise i'll work on my yoga poses!!

1 comment: