Wednesday, March 3, 2010

this sucks.

my keeping my head up right now would require someone else to literally keep my head up.

okay, i'm being dramatic.

but seriously, i have made shit money this entire week. ive basically been a very well-dressed slave. it would be more worthwhile to just drive into town, feed the meter, and then call in sick. the only thing i knew to do to deal with my two-dollar payday today (it was zero yesterday) was to go for a long walk outside. and i was not about to let a little drizzle get in the way of my working out my frustration on that pavement. it's actually befitting to feel like you've been rained on by life and then to actually be rained on. damn this cold weather though...now it's not just inhibiting my ability to workout but it directly limiting my cash flow.

returning to reality... mom just arrived home with bags of groceries and right now all i can think about is that i wish she picked up the right guacamole. you’d be surprised how much guacamole out there are not made with actual avocados. i also hope that she bought the oatmeal i asked her to pick up, for i am going to make a large batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and distribute them at work tomorrow. even though my place of work and i have not gotten along this week, i still appreciate all the guidance my co-workers have given me as i’ve transgressed from one side of this world to the other: from life before i was a waitress to like after i became a waitress. a waitress that is still terrified of having to open a bottle of wine for a customer that is…

well i should probably go downstairs and help her unload the groceries, especially since i know my brother won’t be much help right now…he is running laps around the house and going up and down the stairs for his workout since it’s too nippy outside. oh-just poked my head out of my room in time to catch him throwing fake punches. holy (guaca) moly.

No comments:

Post a Comment