Monday, March 29, 2010

kryptonite

it was 2 a.m. and i was still wide awake, anticipating the next flash of lightning to illuminate my bedroom and counting down the seconds for the rolling thunder to hit...which literally made me tremble under my pottery barn sheets. the kind of bang that shook my very core. the kind of storm that makes you realize how mother nature is always in control. how she can rock your world at any moment. how you should feel humbled to be a creature living among her. and, most notably, the kind of storm that brings your brother into your room to check if you too are still awake. so my brother set up camp on my floor and we waited out the storm together, both comforted by the other's mere presence. both silently thanking the insulated walls that separated us from the merciless wind and downpour that danced together for hours outside. two adults with full-time jobs fully engaged in what some might call a childish scene. well, then i'd have to say that childish, sibling love is mother nature's kryptonite, for brother and sister fell sound asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment