Wednesday, January 13, 2010

first she had none, then she had two

two nights ago, i told you about the fight i had with my mom over financial crap (the details of which i can get into on a later date). we've only crossed paths once since then and not a word was exchanged. ahhh...the silent treatment in its truest form; although its questionable whether we are in this together or if it's just me who is the one offering the cold shoulder. needless to say, i was a little confused when i came home yesterday evening to see my towels neatly folded in the bathroom, my clothes tucked away inside my closet, and a perfectly-made bed. am i supposed to take this as a peace-offering or--??

amidst the current conflict on the home-front, there is some exciting news i just have to share with you:
"goodbye hat, hello tie."
translation: i got a new job! that's right...in the short time between last tuesday and this tuesday i applied for, interviewed, and nabbed a waitressing job at my favorite restaurant in chapel hill. i must admit that my strength/weakness responses were flawless, and i felt confident during the entire interview (which, by the way, was performed by two interviewers...the only time i will ever enjoy being double-teamed). i tell ya, when you know that there is something you truly want and are ready for out there, a
miraculous thing happens: you go get it.
i had been feeling dissatisfied with my current job situation for weeks, but the breaking point occurred last monday as i was talking to a co-worker. tired of always complaining and doing nothing about it, i put on my best business attire, waltzed on up to my dream restaurant, and filled out an application. boy, did my conviction pay off. now i get to shop for a whole new work wardrobe this weekend...
hence the reason why i am ditching the dingy hat (and khakis...and apron) and embracing the tie with open arms (until it comes time to actually tie it, of course).
now that YOU all know about my new job, it's time to fill in my current employer...
not.looking.forward.to.it. does hallmark make a, "it's been real but i'm quitting and i'll be back to pick up my check in a week" card? someone should get on that.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!

    I hope you sport the bowtie more often than not.

    -BigBlog

    ReplyDelete