Sunday, October 18, 2009

quickie

coming to you live from panera bread in st. petersburg, florida. and before you say how disappointed you are in me for going to a chain, we did try a local coffee place first but left because we would've had to pay them to use their computers for internet access (lame). coffee is sub-par here but the classical music playing in the background is really putting my mind at ease. this trip has made it very cloudy.
we woke up around brunch time and ate our breakfast at a family-owned diner in downtown st. petersburg. then we drove around in search of beach apparel and stopped in a couple quintessential surf shacks. that's something i miss about living in caifornia: the surf shops. maybe north carolina is too pre-occupied with providing tar heel, blue devil, and wolf pack gear to care.
my florida adventure will be ending soon for tonight we (my beach volleyball partner, friend/trainer, and myself) will fly out of tampa and be returning home. i want to tell you about my experience here but i've decided to hold off until i am back in chapel hill...that way the whole trip will be behind me, giving me the chance to truly reflect (and i predict there will be a lot of reflecting).
so that said, a comprehensive florida re-cap is coming your way...along with new tales about what it will be like to have the entire house to myself for a week. yep, that's right...yours truly will be occupying all three levels of the townhouse by herself while the parents are off visiting the west coast. which leads me to wonder...if you take the parents out of the house and leave the boomeranger, what's left?

3 comments:

  1. Aha, as if stalking you through facebook weren't taking up my valuable time already...
    hearts! --Kelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. Who's going to play you in the movie......

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's an excellent question...maybe you could be my casting director?

    ReplyDelete