Monday, September 14, 2009

coasting

usually i finish writing an entry and then come up with the title for it, but this time, the title has inspired the entry. i came across the word "coasting" this morning and it has stuck with me all day. i just feel like i am coasting in life right now, and not in a "life is running smoothly and according to plan" kind of way but a "life around me is moving but i am not" way. i have no idea where august went and we are already approaching the middle of september. i'm just floating-high on a cloud somewhere-watching the changing of the seasons pass by me. i feel like i should be back at school but i'm not...i'm the kid playing hooky but nobody has noticed that i'm gone. morning turns to night. things are predictable. i am becoming too comfortable here for my own good. it's time to leap from this cloud to somewhere else in the sky...and i must force myself to leave my parachute behind.

1 comment:

  1. this one is my favorite...not sure why, i just like it. Its like a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete