Thursday, September 10, 2009

ahhhh

just had another mini episode. i wouldn't call it a breakdown because that's just took strong a word i think. you never can predict when these moments will occur...there i was, a 45-minute younger version of myself, thinking that my parents and i would go get a bite to eat and then hit up borders for some causal reading. then 30 minutes go by...and another ten...and the whole time i am waiting, and waiting.to pass the time i start watching television on the second level. then my dad begins yelling from the bottom level about some fascinating show he is watching. "this is amazing! you gotta see this! you won't believe..." he continues. i know what he is watching: either how it's made or unwrapped. i continue to ignore him but he keeps on yelling every few minutes. it's really starting to drive me crazy at this point and on top of that i am growing increasingly hungry. since i've adopted a "eat when you're hungry" philosophy, i decide that i can't wait any longer for my parents to get their asses in gear. f*** it. bowl of special k cereal for dinner. then my mom comes downstairs like not a minute has gone by and, oh yes, my dad yells up at us. then i'm mouthing off to them- which i feel bad about as soon as the words leave my mouth-but i can't help it. i'm having a "i gotta get out of here!" moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment