Monday, August 24, 2009

time well spent

if you were to walk in my bedroom right now and read the calendar on the wall you would say that today, on the 24th of august, i attended a job fair. my track record for sticking to things that i write on my calendar is pretty darn good...but today, i did not attend that job fair. i didn't make small talk for hours in hopes of landing a part-time job as a ticket-scanner or perhaps a concession stand worker for the upcoming hurricanes hockey season. nope. completely blew it off. let me tell you what i did instead.
8:30... i awake, well-rested but still a bit groggy, and start chatting with my sister beside me. we analyze some late-night text messages that i received and watch some dumb cat videos on youtube.
8:45...my grandma peeks her adorable self into the room and plops onto the bed with us.
8:48...my mom follows suit. it's a grown-up slumber party.
8:55...we've decided that we are all going to get ready quickly and go somewhere for breakfast.
9:50...dad returns home from coaching. the gang heads out in separate cars.
10:00-11:30...coffee, scones, muffins, and the morning paper at one of our favorite spots.
11:30...i leave with my sister for home, then we go for a run at a nearby trail.
2:30...head out in the car again for my brother's place.
3:00-7:30...kick-it with the family poolside...dad's barbecued chicken and salad for dinner. dad gets in the pool and decides to re-enact the fireworks show that is put on nightly at the epcot center at disney world. we are embarrassed but can't help but laugh hysterically.
8:00...drive my grandma home and talk to her about things that i'm guessing few 22 year-old's get the chance to talk about with their 83 year-old, newly-widowed grandmothers.
8:35 (right now)...unemployment has its perks.

No comments:

Post a Comment