Tuesday, July 7, 2009

good things come to those who wait

my sister commented that my last post was too "whiny"...i apologize folks. i just needed to blow off some steam from that evening. you will be happy (i think) to know that the tone of this post is much more upbeat. today, my parents and i finally pulled the trigger on purchasing a car! our dear car salesman, tj, who i'm guessing was around the age of 70, should be counting his lucky stars right about now for the three of us deciding to pull into his little lot. we were exhausted, hungry, and ready to give up and hit the rode when my dad thought to take a little detour. that's when we spotted her: a 2004 red ford fusion with a breathtaking (cough) cloth interior. my dad was practically drooling over the fact that it was made by an american company, one which hasn't asked for a bailout from the government. hearing the gas mileage really put him over the top. it impressed me too, but i was far from a kid in a candy store. anyhow, as we were filling out the paperwork with good 'ol tj, i realized that getting this car over a more glamorous and expensive option was the right choice. yes, i would love to drive a rugged land rover with a shiny black paint job and light tan leather seats (then make people refer to it as the "black knight"), but i also don't want to become close aquaintences with my neighborhood gas pump. and let's be real for a second: my parents would never buy me this car, unless perhaps it was born around the time i was born. but that's besides the point really, because up until today i still had it in my head that this was the kind of car i wanted right now. not anymore. i want to earn that car on my own. and when that day comes it will feel absolutely incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment